Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 100

Thread: Region D division playoffs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Region D division playoffs

    Since we have a new district, I'm wondering if anything is changing with the way the division playoffs will be played.

    Will the top four teams in powerpoints play each other and the winners advance to the championship game? Will the top seeds get to host the first round of playoffs?
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    No change to the playoffs from last season higher seed hosts the 1st playoff game the Regional Championships are at UVAWise with District Champs getting automatic bids but not nessacerly home field for the 1st game. (i.e. If Honaker wins the BDD most likley they will be the #4 seed in Div 2)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    I didn't realize that districts got automatic bids. I thought it was strictly on powerpoints.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    Seeding is by powerpoints but District Champs get the Auto bid..............

    In fact there was a situation in Region C last year where if 1 thing would have played out different a team would have missed the playoffs by winning there last game of the season but made the playoffs by losing (When a situation like that is even possible then the system is broken)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    Yeah, its not a really good system.

    Right now, three of the four highest seeds in Div II are from the same district.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seeding is by powerpoints but District Champs get the Auto bid..............

    In fact there was a situation in Region C last year where if 1 thing would have played out different a team would have missed the playoffs by winning there last game of the season but made the playoffs by losing (When a situation like that is even possible then the system is broken) </div></div>

    I dont see the VH$L fixing the problem anytime soon.

    Do the Regions still have the option of adding an extra playoff game? I know there was talk of it one time but havnt heard anything else. If so then how does it work?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    I think Div 2 playoffs will be Honaker@Lebanon and PV@GC

    Div 1 is IMHO a bit harder to read right now based on what I THINK will happen the rest of the season StPaul@Norton and Clintwood/Haysi/Appy@Clintwood/Haysi/Appy (If haysi beats Honaker they will be BDD Champs if not 3-1 over the last 4 games gets them in 2-2 Probably gets them in but 1-3 will have them sitting at home) (For Appy 2-1 will get them in and probably the #2 seed however however 1-2 will probably have them sitting at home) (For Clintwood they must finish the year 3-1 or hope for Castlewood and Haysi to lose games I don't think that they will lose)...........(On a side note if StPaul flubs up vs a CD opponent I look for Castlewood to get in over StPaul)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seeding is by PowerPoint's but District Champs get the Auto bid..............

    In fact there was a situation in Region C last year where if 1 thing would have played out different a team would have missed the playoffs by winning there last game of the season but made the playoffs by losing (When a situation like that is even possible then the system is broken) </div></div>

    I don't see the VH$L fixing the problem anytime soon.

    Do the Regions still have the option of adding an extra playoff game? I know there was talk of it one time but haven't heard anything else. If so then how does it work? </div></div>


    Yes they COULD have added the extra game but they did not since it is the region's choice they could decide to add the extra round next season (I can see both sides of the argument and while it does not look like a 9-1 or 8-2 team will miss the playoffs this season I would rather a 5-5 team make it every year than have 9-1 team at home once every 5 years)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    I think they would be hard pressed to add it next year as well since some teams like Haysi, Castlewood, Hurley and others have games already scheduled for that last week, and I assume it is for the same date next year.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they would be hard pressed to add it next year as well since some teams like Haysi, Castlewood, Hurley and others have games already scheduled for that last week, and I assume it is for the same date next year.

    </div></div>

    Good point I had not thought about that

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •